Well, we were scheduled to take off today but... As usual, life gets in the way. Yesterday I realized that I had a sore "bump" inside my mouth that had not gone away, so I called and had the dentist check it out. Of course it was not good news - a dead abscessed tooth that needed a root canal. The specialist could take care of that at the end of next week. To make a long story short, he gave me some antibiotics and told me to call for the name of an dentist in Canada if needed. He has classmates in Alberta and New Mexico. Lets hope the drugs take me into November when we return for the holidays.
This unexpected delay killed our plan of finishing the roofing job that must be completed before we leave, and today's rain hasn't helped either. Retirement allows one to not panic when these things occur.
I won't send out our blog address until we really get on the road, but blog masters suggest that you write something short every day. I need to get in the habit.